Aller au contenu | Aller au menu principal | Aller au sous menu | Aller au menu en un clic | Aller aux liens divers | Aller à la recherche

Mairie de Vitré

Menu principal

HomeDiscover Vitré > Town of Art and History label > Laissez-vous conter ...Château-Musée des Rochers-Sévigné

Château-Musée des Rochers-Sévigné



Château Rochers-Sévigné - JPEG - 40.4 kb
Château Rochers-Sévigné

The Château des Rochers-Sévigné, visited by Madame de Sévigné on her many travels between 1644 and 1690, dates back to the 1500s. A 1763 architectural plan paints us a clear picture of it was. It was modified in the late 18th century by the Hay des Nétumières family. The museum, which has occupied part of the residence since 1990, displays various portraits and objects recalling the famous letter writer from the time of Louis XIV. It is also worth visiting the octagonal chapel dating back to 1671-1675 and the French formal gardens created by her son Charles in 1689, originally based on a design by Le Nôtre and redesigned in an identical manner in 1982 with the support of the Amis des Rochers-Sévigné association. The park he designed and planted has mostly been conserved in its original form.
Opening times: Musée des Rochers-Sévigné (Low season: 1 October to 31 March). From 2 pm to 5.30 pm. Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Groups by reservation on other days. (High season: 1 April to 30 September). From 10.30 am to 12.30 pm and from 2 pm to 6.30 pm. Open daily.

Ce site utilise des cookies. Les cookies sont des fichiers enregistrés sur votre terminal lors de votre visite sur le site. Vous pouvez accepter ou refuser leur dépôt.
Préférences de confidentialité

Cookies obligatoires

Cookies analytiques

Politique de confidentialité