Aller au contenu | Aller au menu principal | Aller au sous menu | Aller au menu en un clic | Aller aux liens divers | Aller à la recherche

Mairie de Vitré

Menu principal

The old Bourienne crossroads



Bourienne crossroads - JPEG - 28.6 kb
Bourienne crossroads

The Rue d’Embas and Rue de la Baudrairie feature a variety of half-timbered houses dating back to the 15th, 16th and 17th centuries that were built in depth. Porch houses line the entire north side of the Rue de la Poterie. These porches disappeared following the 1842 Alignment plan. The Rue d’Embas, Rue de la Baudrairie and Rue de la Poterie intersection was named the Bourienne crossroads. Two old wooden halls were built there. A covered hall, thought to have been built during the 13th century, was used for the controlled and taxed sale of meat; and, from the 14th to the 17th century, an open hall was used to sell bread, then meat. These halls were destroyed in 1809 and 1817 respectively. Two other halls stood at the Gâtesel crossroads: the fish hall and the wheat hall. When the Rue Garengeot was opened up between 1856 and 1862, the Gâtesel gate was destroyed.

Ce site utilise des cookies. Les cookies sont des fichiers enregistrés sur votre terminal lors de votre visite sur le site. Vous pouvez accepter ou refuser leur dépôt.
Préférences de confidentialité

Cookies obligatoires

Cookies analytiques

Politique de confidentialité